Saturday, November 15, 2008

"Good" and "bad" energy.

Yesterday I happened to be at the energy healing session given by another practitioner to a sick friend of mine.

When I saw her working and felt an intence thick energy that she summoned, my first reaction was to join in and work together. I held my hands out and tuned in. I tried, but didn't feel we resonate in our work.

After a few minutes she asked me where I dispose the "bad" energy of the sickness (herself, she was shaking off her hands periodically into a dish filled with salty water). This opened up a discussion about the differences in the techniques we were using. As a result, I'd like to share the principles of my energy work here, to have it all in one place.

My training in the energy work started with a simple question: If I am to have a single chance to lay my hands on a person with the intention to help/heal them, where would I put my hands? I'm grateful that my teachers, instead of having me memorise information about hunam energy field and it's components, trained me tune in and feel the call for help, feel energy disruptions.

And that's what I do during the energy healing session - feel for the imbalances in the energy flow. Most often I feel it with my hands, sometimes I see it with my eyes, yet sometimes I get a picture in my head, or a sensation in my body, mirroring the state of the person I'm working with. I feel, listen and look into the person. And when I'm at a place of imbalance, I stay there, and I work with my perceptions, untill the balance is restored.

In my work there is no bad energy of sickness. Nothing to get rid of. Sickness is a manifestation of imbalance, of a disrupted flow of life energy.

When you come into a dark room and flip the light switch on, where does the darkness go?

As the darkness is only an absence of light, so is sickness is an absence of health, which is a constant flow of life energy on all levels - physical, emotional, mental and spiritual.

No comments: